Our Scholarship Requirements & Forms
This year our club will award $10,000 in scholarships to local students. Scholarships are awarded in $1,000 allocations. Please review our Eligibility Requirements the click the links below to access the two required forms:
1) Applicants and a parent or guardian must be residents of the City of Waynesboro or that section of the County of Augusta served by Wilson Memorial or Stuarts Draft public schools.
2) Scholarship recipient must be a full time student or applicant for full time student at a 4-year college or university, with a goal of earning an undergraduate degree in 4 years or less. OR
3) Scholarship recipient must be a full time student or applicant for full time student at a community college or other accredited 2-year institution, with a goal of earning an Associates Degree within 2 years.
4) Part time students may qualify for scholarship assistance so long as the award does not exceed tuition costs less other financial awards.
5) All students (new and renewal applicants) must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA, have a minimum 2.5 GPA in previous semester and remain in good standing at the respective school.
6) Members of the Rotary Club of Waynesboro or their immediate family members are ineligible for consideration.
7) Of the ten $1000 awards, one will be based on Academic Merit and "Service above Self" while the other nine awards will include a financial need component as well. Of these nine (need based), two will be earmarked for renewal applicants and one will be earmarked for a community college/trade/tech school student. Additional renewals may be awarded but will be evaluated against new applicants as well.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE APRIL 6th (3PM) DEADLINE. Late/incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee